Friday, February 8, 2008

T.G.I.F.

I don't think anything really drives the whole, "I'm a grown-up now" message home more than my excitement (or lack of) on Fridays. Sure, it should feel like the last day of school, I should run out of here and scream my excitement to the world. But what do I do instead? I think and plan. Weekends are my only chance to get a lot of things done (like things that require sunlight) and I put so much pressure on myself to do them, that weekends can be more stressful than fun. i have weekend nights where I don't even want to do anything "fun" because I know how much I could do at home. Sheesh.

As I take a breath and try to give myself one, ONE fun or relaxing activity this weekend, my phone rings. It is my mom, asking me when i am going to clean out my room at their house and "officially" move out. I don't know where to put all of that stuff! I sigh, ask her to give it all to Good Will for me, offer her $50 to do this, and she stops me.
"I don't know what to do with this stuff. You have photo albums here, and books...if I only knew how to sell things on eBay I could make a fortune!"
"Okay, mom, stop right there. I want those books. They're just hanging out at your house until I have a really big bookcase...a library..."
I sigh again.
"Mom, can I please deal with this another time? I'm just too busy."

Clean bathrooms
Find bridesmaid dresses
Vacuum
Do laundary
Find a dj
Clean out my closet
Organize shoes
Water plants
Walk dog
Celebrate Josh's birthday....

2 comments:

  1. You are so funny. And so busy! I'm sure its great fun to plan a wedding only in weekends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah...it rocks. haha.

    ReplyDelete