Monday, February 4, 2008

Nothing scarier than a tedddy bear...

Please, someone help me with my Nip/Tuck nightmares.
I can't stop watching the show. It's intriguing, well-written, and addictively honest. It goes where no other show would dare to. It shows the dark side of humanity in all its glory, and what better way than to set this show around two plastic surgeons? Now that they have moved the show to LA it is ten times more intriguing because of the horrific truths it reveals about my home state. They could move their office to Orange County next year and run into just as many, or more, disgusting tales of humanity at its worst.

I have been with the show through thick and thin, literally, but this week they crossed the line. I can only say that this episode dealt with remorse, AIDS, cannibalism, sex addiction, betrayal, a child-chomping teacher, the difficulty of explaining death to children, and worst of all, the "immortalization" of a Hollywood agent by a teddy bear maker. I don't think I have ever seen something so disturbing. Who would ever think of something like that? It's genius and it has kept me up at night. I felt like throwing up, or ripping out my eyes, or destroying my memory somehow. I have not stopped thinking about it. I don't know why this particular thing grossed me out more than the myriad disgusting and freakish things I have seen before, but it has really stuck with me. I must have something against teddy bears.

3 comments:

  1. Oh Nip/Tuck. I started watching it at the beginning of last season and a couple episodes from earlier seasons and I always watch and think "This is DISGUSTING! I am never watching this again!" yet I come back week after week and continue to crave the outrageousness and creativity of the show.

    I thought the SAME thing about the teddy bear thing. It was the single most horrifying thing I have seen thus far on the show. I don't know why it just seems so surreal and creepy. And while you are shocked beyond any realm of belief, you actually start thinking what that would be like if it were real. It makes me shudder, a lot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what the heck kind of show is this? don't tell me the details ... the last thing i need is more problems sleeping!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always say the same thing, but I can't stay away. It's disgusting and horrifying, but so honest.

    ReplyDelete