Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Tired and Uninspired

I haven't felt like writing lately...

(How many times have I started a post this way?)

But I have been making strides in other ways.

I have been working out, routinely, and with more effort than ever before. I am really seeing the results of this. I have also been practicing with my camera. This past weekend I took photos of my husband, and while he was quite unwilling, it was a good practice for me. I am trying to see my life differently. It is very close to a life that I would call ideal. Is close enough? I hope so. I think if we could focus on the positives we would discover that we have so much to appreciate.

I discovered this weekend that I am finally fulfilling a personal goal that I have been wanting to fulfill for years. I wanted to be the kind of person that sticks up for others, all the time, and the type of person who does not let ill things, spoken of others, go unnoticed. Several times lately I've caught myself standing up for what I believe in. I could have agreed with the person and forgotten about the situation, which is what I've done in the past. instead, I I voiced my disagreement aloud. It felt...wonderful.

The opportunity to improve myself is the greatest gift I've been given.

1 comment: