Friday, April 3, 2009

I crave a new beginning

I had to check in with life, see how I was doing...and my current status is as follows:
-Marriage: Great. Really working well. We're communicating, having fun together, making solid plans for the future, and getting along.
-Family: Better, I think. Brother is in less pain, has a better outlook on life, grandma is happy, other grandma, aside from another injury, is doing well.
-Career: And here's where I take a long pause. Unfulfilling? I guess more accurately I feel as though I am not fitted for this job, and I am not doing the best that anyone else could do in this position. The residuals are fear, anxiety, guilt, and anger.

Stress slows down weight loss, weight loss which would normally really make me feel better. Overtime also prevents working out which naturally contributes to weight loss. So for now, I focus on the goals I know about. This weekend I'll celebrate my in-laws' 30th anniversary with a party and a hotel stay. Sunday I am taking my first official senior portrait session, and building my portfolio and business. I AM on my way, to something. I have to keep that in mind.

The good news is that, even on the worst day of this tough week, I was able to sit down to dinner and pray thanks for at least 12 things, right off of the top of my head. My gratitude did not go unnoticed by my husband, and I think, for the first time, he saw a potential in me to remain optimistic. Here's hoping...

No comments:

Post a Comment