Friday, March 13, 2009

Nightmares and Panic

Something is missing.

I have felt off for days.

The nightmares have gotten...inconvenient, to say the least. As I lay in bed this morning, heart pounding at the memories of my latest nightmare (it involved me throwing a drink on a man who said I was stupid, then trying to peel out in my old Montero, which stalled, oh--and I witnessed a stabbing). What is the point of all of this?

I also woke up in the middle of the night in a panic that I had forgotten to do something at work. The pressure, which I so skillfully avoid in my waking life, has been catching up with me in my sleep. I tried to will the bad thoughts from my mind, and they stuck, returning again and again as soon as I closed my eyes.

Today, I made a decision. I am getting outside and getting some shots with my camera tomorrow. I am going to return to my idea of starting a photography side business, but no weddings, simply portraits. Specifically families and children. Tomorrow. I am going to shoot in manual raw and edit them on Sunday. I am going to photograph my cousins and see if any of my aunts' friends are interested in having portraits taken. If I ever make money at this, I am going to buy the lens and flash that I have decided will be all I need for quite a while.

*Editor's note: My plan, if developed fully, somewhat murkily revolves around doing this full time and "quitting my day job" for a much less stressful life...but I have a feeling that's not going to go over well with the Mr.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment