Friday, May 2, 2008

Broken

Hopes, dreams, effort.
Trying, working, persisting.
In the quest for love.

It shouldn't be this hard.

I have a fiance' who loves me unconditionally. But why not his parents? Is that so much to ask? And why have I, a competant and functionally self confident person, worked so hard for their love?

Why am I so angry about this? Why can't I accept, as my dad has always said, that some people just won't like you?

Because these aren't just any people. They are the people who raised the man I love. And this just gets more and more complicated.

1 comment:

  1. hmm. it raises the question of "does the apple fall far enough from the tree?" i've feared the same thing ... honestly. and then i realize that our men have made decisions that separate them from their families ... they're individuals ... and we love them and they love us. that's really all that matters.

    ReplyDelete