Friday, May 23, 2008

On the precipice

I am about to turn 24 years old. The past few years of my life, more than any others, have brought more change than most years. I know the frenzied pace will soon slow, and I welcome a little stability. Graduating from college and changing my status, held for as long as I can remember, from "student" to "full-time employee" was a difficult one for me. Harder still will be the change from a "Miss" to a "Mrs." Changing the name I've always had, the three words that identify me on this earth, apart from almost any other (benefit of having a relatively unique name) will be difficult as well. I'm not sure how I feel about it, although I understand the benefits and even the necessity of it. I will turn 24, an age that seems much older than I could possibly be. I will celebrate five years in my relationship with my fiance. I will have a bachelorette party, which I think will really, more than the dress and the food tasting, make this whole wedding thing sink in. I'll register for gifts, and attend my own shower. (My first shower! For me!) and then get married. Wow. This is an intense little spot I'm hangin' out in...

3 comments:

  1. oh i feel ya.

    but ... i have to say ... 24 was my best year. by far. so that should give you something to look forward to :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh no. 25 is not keeping up with 24??

    I hope 25 is picking up momentum. I always like to think of what's ahead as "the best years." haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for the 'umbrella' props on J*'s blog :) I was surprised no one else said it, so I had to double back and write it in lol.

    As for turning another year older and all you mentioned... can you imagine what we all will be writing about when we are 60 or older? I'm willing to bet most of us will all be blogging still, can you imagine how well we will know each other?! :)

    Namaste,
    michael

    ReplyDelete