Thursday, March 13, 2008

Running

This post will not actually be about running, since we all know how much I hate it. Instead, it will be about the marathon I feel as though I am running these days.

I wake up exhausted. Why? I don't really know. I think the mental marathon I'm running in is taking its toll on my physical form. I have something planned almost every single day of my life, and I really despise that. I like my free time. No, more than like, I love it. I am addicted to it. I need it to maintain my sanity. I am not one of those people who is energized by being in the company of others, quite the opposite actually. I feel as though my interactions with others drain me and I need my alone time to recharge. I don't want to sound antisocial; I love people, but I only love them when I get my breaks from them.

I am not going to bore *all* my readers with a list of the things I am doing, but I have recently discovered that I have three free (as of now) weekends from now until July. Three. I could throw up. And among them, two weddings, a shower I'm co-hosting, three 50th birthday parties, one 21st, and one anniversary party. Oh and I have stuff to do to. Like find the rest of my wedding vendors. Have my ring re-set and pick out our bands. Find bridesmaid dresses. Lose weight ("5-7 pounds, 15 is too much"-wedding dress seamstress). Re-do my kitchen. Register for gifts. Okay now I'm listing. I apologize. But seriously, what the hell is going on?

1 comment:

  1. yeah. you need a breather. BUT do what you did for me and make lists ... detailed ones so that you know what you can handle on which weeks. you'll start checking everything off and it will feel so great! you can do it!

    ReplyDelete