Friday, September 14, 2007

My red-faced inner creative

So I like to write down ideas I have for things to write on, and I write them anywhere, on any available piece of paper. One place where I stashed a group of ideas was in a tiny notebook with necessary insurance information that I have been carrying in my purse. I also have a friend with a propensity to look in women's purses. She finds mine especially entertaining because it is large and I have been known to stow strange things in it.

So on one of these occasions she asks if she can look in my purse.
"Sure" I answer, because why not?
She starts to pull out various objects, like a collection of nail files, recipes I cut from Martha Stewart Living, and a full-size lint brush. Then she comes across the notebook. Before I can remember that I had stashed ideas in it and not just the phone number of my insurance adjuster, she has come across the page of writing topics. I can see on her face that she is about to read them out loud. I stop her. I blush.

She would never understand.

Similar experiences?

2 comments:

  1. aww. such a good post! i love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the comment on the watermelon rant. :)

    My similar experience to this one would be discovering that someone I kind of know in real life, but very distantly, found and has been reading my personal blog. It's not that I've written anything inappropriate for her to read.... it's just that somehow I was assuming the people that read my blog are people that (a) I know really well in real life, or (b) I don't know at all in real life. Nothing in between. Somehow, that is weird.

    And the fact that it's weird, is also weird.

    ReplyDelete