Friday, August 10, 2007

My Morning Pages (or lack thereof)

I am working on The Artist's Way right now, and as part of the healing process, I am supposed to be writing three pages longhand every morning. Well these are my thoughts this morning as I begin week three and sit here reluctantly. I do not like morning pages, I do not like mornings, I do not like longhand. It takes forever, my thoughts move so much faster than my hands, my handwriting is awful, my thoughts are jumbled and insignificant at best. I enjoy writing on the computer, I am used to it, I love it. Please don't forget that I am a child of the computer generation. I wrote my first story on a black and green screen computer. It was about a lion. I found the sensation that came from the empty black page and pulsing green cursor as exhilarating as I had once found an empty white sheet of paper. The computer is my ally. I measure my success by the abundance of clicks coming from beneath my fingers. That's all for now...if I have any more thoughts I will force myself to write them...


in the morning pages.

No comments:

Post a Comment