Tuesday, November 10, 2009

First Anniversary

The year flew by! (Really, since it was one and year one month minus one day ago).

And it was lovely. Really, really wonderful. If this is what marriage is like for everyone, I highly recommend it! We had a long-standing plan of traveling to Las Vegas to renew our vows with Elvis. Of course, my surgery got in the way. When our anniversary rolled around I was still too sore to be doing a lot of walking and standing. We were bummed, but we tried to make the best of it. We spent a beautiful weekend in the mountains and returned to a surprise anniversary party at my parents' house, complete with Elvis and a set of Elvis-y vows since we couldn't make it to his "turf."
So now we are well on our way into our second year. Wiser perhaps, and excited for the road ahead. I wish everyone could have this.





No comments:

Post a Comment