Monday, October 27, 2008

blank page

I used to love to see a blank page of paper. It was enticing and wonderful, freeing. I remember even eyeing the blank pages in the beginning and ending of books, and I saw only possibility. It even overwhelmed me then, thinking of how I would fill that page with the perfect drawing or story. The blank page was too valuable to waste.

The blank page has become my empty computer screen. The white stares at me, the cursor blinks as if yearning for use. And why? The computer blank page is forgiving. If I make a mistake on it, I can always press delete, and just like that, blank returns. Unlike a pad of my favorite drawing paper, the computer allows many new documents, one after another, seemingly with no end.

so why?don't?I?write?

1 comment:

  1. I wish I had some advice for Writer's block, however, I tend to suffer from it every time I sit down to write.

    It'll come. It definitely will come!

    ReplyDelete